Access to world-class engineering candidates
Corporate Membership Levels:
Foundation Sponsor – $6,000+
Scholarship Underwriter – $3,000 to $5,999
Company member – $1,500 to $2,999
Special Gift – $500 to $1,499
The University of Maine has one of the most acclaimed engineering programs for the pulp and paper industry not only in the nation, but internationally.
Our world-class courses teach students the application of engineering fundamentals to the paper industry: students learn to solve problems in plant design, production, research, and the improvement of the industry’s products, raw materials and processes. Upon graduation, our students are equipped with the knowledge, work ethic and leadership skills needed of today’s employees.
As a company member, your participation in the foundation’s committees and programs help build the industry’s human resource strength by impacting the content and quality of the education we provide.
Each year, we award more than 120 of these scholarships, supported by annual gifts from more than 60 companies in 50 states, as well as individual gifts from more than 250 alumni and friends.
“PCA has found that the University of Maine is one of the top schools in the Paper Industry and has one of the best Pulp & Paper Foundations to prepare students for the industry.”
– Chris Changnon, Executive Director, Corporate Human Resources, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA)
Interested in becoming a member?
Your Company’s Membership in the University of Maine Pulp and Paper Foundation Provides the Following:
- Full tuition scholarships for high achieving undergraduate students.
- A pool of motivated, capable engineering graduates with summer and/or co-op job experience who want to work for the paper industry’s producers and suppliers.
- Cost-effective recognition and visibility for your company in all publications.
- Grants for state-of-the-art computer systems and stipends to encourage faculty who are responsible for teaching paper related classes and undertaking paper related industry research.
- Invitations to our annual Paper Days event as well as regional mini-open houses for “members-only” offering networking opportunities not available elsewhere.
- Opportunities to meet faculty and students to comment on their curriculum and research activities.
- Access to the UMaine Process Development Center pilot plant widely used by industry clients for process product development.
As a member, you receive exclusive access to our online database of student resumes either for full time or co-op hirings.
UMaine Pulp + Paper Foundation
5737 Jenness Hall, Orono, Maine 04469
217 Jenness Hall, Orono, Maine 04469